該會議將在倫敦的IET London: Savoy Place 舉行。 研究報告中列出的100家公司總共佔有全球股票市值的20%
Savoy Place is a large red brick building on the north bank of the River Thames in London, England. It is on a street called Savoy Place and Savoy Street runs along the side of the building up to the Strand. In front is the Victoria Embankment, part of the Thames Embankment. Close by are the Savoy Hotel and Waterloo Bridge. There are commanding views over to the South Bank and the London Eye.
The building is the headquarters for the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), formed from the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) and the Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE) in 2006.
The location of Savoy Place was originally called the Savoy Manor, taking its name from Peter II, Count of Savoy. He was given the land by Henry III on 12 February 1246 and built a palace on the site. After his death in 1268, the property was left to a French hospice. The Savoy Palace was extended by successive Earls of Lancaster and John of Gaunt, but was burnt down during the Peasant's Revolt of 1381. The palace was modified to become a prison in the 15th century.
In 1509, Henry VII left money in his will for a hospital. This was completed on the site in 1517. The hospital fell into decline and eventual became a military barracks and prison.
Various religious institutions were based on the site, including a Jesuit school. The area was also a retreat for the families of French Protestants. In 1723, a German Lutheran church was built on part of the site, but demolished in 1877 for the construction of the Thames Embankment.
The current building, completed in 1889, was originally built to serve as an examination hall for the Royal College of Physicians and the Royal College of Surgeons. The foundation stone at the front of the building was laid by Queen Victoria on 24 March 1886.
On 1 June 1909, the IEE bought the lease and various alterations were carried out by H. Percy Adams and Charles Holden.
Savoy Hill House
Behind Savoy Place is a building originally known as Lancaster House and later as Savoy Mansions. It was built in 1880 by the Savoy Building Company. Occupants included beer merchants, architects, solicitors, and even Turkish baths in the basement.